Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How much time do you spend on an adverage day with media?

Charles Darwin once said, “A man who dares waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” I believe he is absolutely correct. Media is one thing can you can waste time on easily. On an average day, I spend about six hours with media. Majority of that time is spent texting and calling people. The two other big components to my media time is listening to music, most the time while I am doing other things (such as homework, dishes, laundry, or cleaning), and doing things on-line for school. I also check Facebook about twice daily. It is usually pulled up while I am working on homework. I do have a TV but I do not have cable. So, I am unable to sit in front of the TV for hours on end. Instead of watching TV all day, I am spending time with friends, playing with my dog, reading a book, or working on one of my several hobbies/projects. Although there are a few times when I get on-line to play a game or two, I try to have the minimum about of time spent randomly browsing around on the Internet.  By keeping the amount of time that is spent on-line and watching TV/movies, I think that I am using my time wisely. There are several tasks that I am able to achieve in a day because I do not let time just pass me by.

Dost thou love life, then do not squander time,
for that's the stuff life is made of.
~Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

  1. I love your opening quote for this blog. And, by the way, how did you score on the media junkie test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scored the lowest spot that you could. It basically said I spend as much time as needed but not to much. My computer will not let me open the link again.

    ReplyDelete