Saturday, April 16, 2011

New York Times Tour

I found the tour of the New York Time new building interesting. The fact that the building was designed to keep the focus of those who are working at the paper inside the building and to connect each of the floors with one another made the it made me think about how the company is trying to keep the success of the paper inward to help encourage its employees continue this success. I though it was interesting that the only level of the building that was visually open to the public was the lobby. This makes since to me, however, I would have thought that the company would what to connect to the public on all levels of work not just at the receptionist desk. Over all the tour was intriguing for me to watch.

1 comment:

  1. I too like the tour of the New York Times building. My favorite part was that the public could see into the building and connect with the first floor. I had not thought about how they should be able to connect with all levels which now that you have said that I somewhat agree. It is so different on how we can watch the same thing but have 2 very different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete